Everybody loves a yummy tasty treat; this is especially true when the treats are made at home with all the love. Humans are not the only ones that love tasty homemade treats, most pets (this includes your lovely canine friend) can’t get enough of them either.
Leveraging the appetite of your pet for treats by adding beneficial substances to them is one way to be a better dog parent. If you are a CBD enthusiast, then chances are that you already know the numerous benefits your pet can get from cannabidiol oil.
That said; in the unlikely event that you don’t know, you can visit holistapet cbd for dogs to learn more on the subject matter and what is the best CBD oil for your dog (An added bonus of using a site like that is that you can also find already-made CBD-based treats for your furry friend).
But, did you know that you could make homemade dog cookies for your pet with CBD oil infused in it? So, if you want to impress your pet, get your baking tools and your apron, and let’s show you some recipes to make CBD-based dog treats.
Methods to Use
You can make these homemade treats with different methods. You simply need to choose a method that fits your schedule and that you prefer. Below are the 3 common methods you can use:
1. Frozen Method
This is one simple method that typically shouldn’t take too much time. You can choose to fill broth in your ice tray and then add the needed drop of CBD in each cube. You can also make the dough with the CBD already incorporated into it, then share the dough into the right portion and then freeze them.
2. No-Bake Method
For this method, you would need to use fat such as coconut oil or peanut butter as the base. The result at the end of the day is usually softer than if it were baked. So, if your pet has dental issues, this is a perfect choice.
3. Baked Method
If baking is something you enjoy, then you should have no issues with this method. Simply ensure that you maintain a low temperature all through the baking period.
Things to Know When Baking With Cannabidiol
When baking with cannabidiol, there are some things that you should do so that the compounds that should be helpful to your pet aren’t destroyed. Below are some of these things:
- The freezer can’t destroy cannabidiol, so you can make as many treats as you want and store them in the freezer. You can read this post to learn more about freezing cookies.
- Before you add the cannabidiol to the recipe, ensure you infuse it in fat. You can do this by blending it into butter, coconut oil, or any other healthy oil. Ensure the heat you use to do this is as low as possible.
- Don’t make use of heat over 356 degrees as anything above this would evaporate the active cannabidiol. The ideal temperature should be between 320 and 350 degrees.
- The treats (whether baked or no-bake) should be stored in a properly sealed container and kept in a cool and dark place. A perfect storage place is a refrigerator.
You can choose to mix cannabidiol with other complementary ingredients. This will in no way affect the potency of the cannabidiol. However, ensure every ingredient you add is in the right proportion at all times.
CBD Dog Treats Recipes
1. Sweet Potato Treats – Baked
- CBD oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of gelatin powder (this is optional)
- ¼ cup of coconut floor
- 2 sweet potatoes (should be pre-cooked and mashed)
1. Preheat your over to about 350 degrees
2. Mix your coconut and CBD oils.
3. Add your oils and every other ingredient together. Ensure you comb everything properly.
4. Share the dough into portions and then make them into balls. Then, put the ball-shaped dough on your baking sheet then flatten them.
5. Bake them until you see the edges turn a light brown (this should take about 20 minutes)
6. Once you are down baking, let it sit for a bit so it can get cool. Now store them properly in a sealed container and place them in your refrigerator.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Balls – No-Bake
- CBD oil
- Rolled oats
- ½ cup of coconut floor
- Cinnamon (a sprinkle)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ¾ cup of cooked pumpkin
1. Mix your coconut and CBD oils.
2. Add the cinnamon and pumpkin into the oils and stir.
3. Add the flour slowly and mix properly as you do this.
4. Divide your dough into the number of treats you want, and then roll each treat in your oats.
5. Refrigerate them till they get set.
Pumpkin can be quite beneficial to your pet, you can go here: https://pets.webmd.com/ to find out some of these benefits. Hence, this recipe would provide your pet with several health benefits since it is a mix of two beneficial ingredients; CBD and pumpkin.
CBD offers both pets and humans several health benefits. One fun way of administering CBD to your pet is by incorporating it into its treats. Now, you can either get premade CBD dog cookies, or you can make them at home with the recipes discussed in this article and make things more fun.